Abu Dhabi is among the conservative cosmopolitan cities in the World. But despite the conservative, traditional culture, this city offers desert safaris, luxury, modern memories, and exotic experiences. One of the things you can do when in this city is to visit the biggest mosque in the United Arab Emirates. The mosque features sophisticated architecture, which uses elements of gold, marble, and other precious stones.
The mosque offers gorgeous pools, and the prayer hall has the largest carpet you will ever come across. Furthermore, you can visit the Qasr Al Hosn, which is the oldest stone building in Abu Dhabi. Some people also see it as a symbolic birthplace of the city. You will learn the whole story behind Abu Dhabi in this place before you proceed to other places.
Choosing Between Public Transport and Car Rental in Abu Dhabi
One of the dilemmas people face when traveling to this city is whether to use rental cars or local public transport. Mostly, the necessity of transportation will not raise any questions. However, the availability and type of transport might interfere with all your travel plans. Even more, money plays a significant role in transport decisions.
This guide will help you make a better decision. We have listed situations that might necessitate renting a car and those that might influence you to rely on public transport. Furthermore, we have listed the benefits and problems associated with both rental cars and public transportation.
Rental Cars are a Better Choice When Planning to Cover a Long Distance
Public transport is not a good choice when planning to cover a long distance within one day. It is also a bad choice for people planning to take many mini road trips from their new destination. For example, after landing in Abu Dhabi, staying in your hotel room throughout the day would not satisfy you as much as exploring the neighborhood.
In such situations, you would not want to rely on public transport. Cheap rent a car offers will be more helpful.
Consider the Duration of Your Trip
Base your choice between public transport and rental cars on your trip duration. If your goal is to see many things during your short trip to Abu Dhabi, make daily car rental deals with your friend. You would not want to spend your time waiting for the local bus.
Public Transport is a Better Choice for Long Trips
Rental cars are perfect for short trips. However, public transport will serve you better when it comes to long trips. You will have all the time you need to witness the attraction in Abu Dhabi and spend less money.
Even more, you can always revisit a place to see everything you missed on your last visit. You will interact with the locals and learn the traditions and customs.
Go for Car Rental When Comfort is Your Top Priority
Public transport in Abu Dhabi can be questionable. If your goal is to travel each time comfortably, you will have to rent a car. Cheap rent car offers are also a godsend for people who would want to reach their hotel rooms faster after landing at the airport.
You will find a rental car waiting for you at the airport. All you will need to do is load up your bags and drive in style.
Rental Cars are a Good Choice When Safety is Your Top Priority
Rental cars offer the safety you need when in a foreign country. You can drive straight from your hotel room to your destination without having to walk in the neighborhoods. What’s more, the ability to hop into a car without having to check bus times or calling a taxi is convenient. After renting a car, you will travel without any worries.
Pros and Cons of Rental Cars
- Rental vehicles provide the freedom to choose when and where to go.
- Daily car rental deals are cheaper than taxis. They are also cheaper than public transport for people planning to cover long distances.
- A rental car will help you manage your time. You will use your time how you want. You will never miss flights because of a taxi that never showed up, or a bus arrived late.
- A car rental is perfect when traveling with your kids during the cold months or the rainy days. Your kids will be warm and safe throughout the day. After the pouring rain or frosty weather becomes unbearable, you can retreat to your vehicle for warmth.
- The cost of renting a car can be high, especially when renting on an hourly or daily basis. Rental companies combine rental charges with insurance fees, additional driver charges, and child seat charges. The extras can increase the rental fee highly.
- You will have to pay parking fees and Salik. Moreover, you might incur fines for speeding or breaking other road rules.
- Some hotels will charge you parking fees. Ensure that your hotel provides complimentary parking before renting.
Pros and Cons of Public Transport
- Public transport allows you to save money. Instead of paying for a car rental, you can spend your extra dollars to buy more drinks.
- It allows you to explore Abu Dhabi like a local. Even more, you will have a chance to connect with the locals. You can learn about their customs and lifestyles.
- Public transportation offers mobility for individuals who cannot drive or would not want to drive.
- You will never pay for parking spots.
- Public transport will drain your time. Buses and other public transport vehicles move very slowly. Even worse, you will have to walk to the bus stop and wait for the bus.
- Buses have a fixed schedule. You cannot leave earlier or later.
- Sometimes buses get crowded. Noisy people, overlapping aisles bags may ruin your day.
Public transport in Abu Dhabi offers buses, taxis, and metro. The metro is faster than buses, and it does not require you to wait for long. However, the bus may be a better choice if you want to discover the beauty of Abu Dhabi and learn more.
If comfort and safety are your top priority, car rentals are worth your consideration. They offer more flexibility and comfort compared to public transport. The above tips will help you make an informed choice.