Google Maps Vs. Waze: Which One Should I Use While Driving?
Technology has simplified a lot of things and made life easier for everyone. Mapping and navigation applications have made traveling easy and seamless.
When you have to drive somewhere, you can easily check for the best route with the least obstructions and lightest traffic. You can get traffic information in real-time and save yourself from the stress of driving through heavy traffic.
Two of the most popular navigation applications are Google Maps and Waze. These two consistently provide accurate directions and are available for both Android and iOS users.
So, which of these two should you use for your daily navigation support? It is best to compare the two to help you make an informed decision.
Google Maps Vs. Waze: Which one is the Best Navigation App?
Undoubtedly, both apps are great. They both offer accurate and turn-by-turn directions to any destination you provide.
However, there are significant differences between the two. Understanding these differences will help you choose appropriately.
- Google maps offer voice navigation and directions for driving, biking, walking, and even public transportation. But, Waze exclusively offers directions for driving.
- Google Maps use a data-based approach for local directions and community information and also takes data from users that provide real-time road conditions and congestions. On the other hand, Waze uses live, crowd-sourced, community-driven information on real-time road congestion and conditions from drivers.
- Google Maps is available online and offline with precise turn-by-turn directions (even in offline mode) while Waze only works online and requires a data connection to function.
- Google Maps covers local landmarks and businesses, such as information on hours, phone numbers, and menus While, Waze only focuses on road conditions and not community business information.
- Google Maps has a traditional and basic navigation interface with loads of information. However, things can get cluttered. Waze, on the other hand, has a minimal and sleek interface with 3D graphics and customization options.
How Do I Use Google Maps while driving?
If your question is, how do I use Google maps while driving? – You have nothing to fret about because it is simple and seamless.
It offers you comprehensive information about your route and events happening along the way, including traffic jams and accidents. To use the app, simply download it on your smartphone.
Follow the simple steps below to use it:
- Launch the app and activate ‘Enable Location’ in the settings
- Type in your destination in the required space
- Click “Go” or “Navigate” depending on what you see
You can also enable the voice direction to give you turn-by-turn directions to your destination by voice.
Which Navigation App is best for You: Google Maps or Waze?
So, both of application are fine. You can either choose Google Maps or Vaze depending on your requirements. If you are looking for a navigation tool to provide traffic updates, accident reports and look out for police traps, Waze would be a great choice.
You can also customize the alerts to set specific routes and enable social integration. However, if you need an app that will provide you with everything that Waze offers and more, Google maps should be your choice.