Good news for Ukraine residents: UAE now accepting Ukraine License
Ukraine and the United Arab Emirates signed an agreement to exchange driver’s licenses.
The Deputy Prime Minister & the UAE’s Minister of Interior (Sheikh Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan) and Ukrainian Interior Minister Arsen Avakov contracted a mutual understanding of crime-fighting acceptance and sharing of driving licenses. As per the report, the contract took place while the official visit of Volodymyr Zelensky – Ukraine President – to the UAE.
The ministry said that travelers will have an allowance to rent a car while still keeping their [driver] licenses instantly. On the other hand, the UAE workers and the locals, without completing driving license tests, were eligible to renew their permits to local ones.
With the two-sided MOU, the two countries’ internal relationships will improve. Also, it will benefit both the countries regarding the strengthening of the mutual counter-terrorism cooperation and security. Moreover, the two countries will be able to control particular problems between the two. Furthermore, it will be a considerable step to lessen drivers’ stress by authorizing them to use their government’s driving license.
Short Briefing of the MOUs
- An MOU on mutual acceptance and sharing of national driving licenses occurred between the UAE and Ukraine delegates. It says that a driver with a national driving license would be eligible to drive in another country. The signing of the MOU would support the tourism sector, the economy, and economic activity. Also, it will encourage the growth of individual relations and enhance two-sided passenger numbers.
- The Ministry of Economic UAE & Ukraine’s State Agency for Tourism Development also had a contract regarding tourism growth cooperation. The aim of which was to enhance tourism cooperation and increase reciprocal passenger traffic.
- The Ukraine Ministry of Economic Development, Trade, and Agriculture and the UAE’s Office Minister of State for Food and Water Protection have signed a Memorandum of Agreement. It will facilitate foreign investment in agriculture and foster agri-food trade. The paper’s outcome would positively affect food security cooperation & mutual business between the two countries.
- Another agreement took place between the UAE Ministry of Climate Change and Environment & the Cartography, Geodesy, and Cadastre State Service of Ukraine. The MOU was regarding land management. The agreement is aimed to share the dual country’s expertise for the development of agricultural land. Also, it will permit the breeding, maintenance, and enrichment of fertility of soil, enhancement & implementation of electronic systems in land management, monitoring of the ecological status of lands. Moreover, it will be useful to control the destructive processes & the effects of climate on the earth.
About the UAE Visit of Mr. President
Mr. Volodymyr Zelensky is the president of Ukraine. And Olena Zelenska is his wife and the first lady of Ukraine. Currently, Mr. President and the first lady had an official visit to the United Arab Emirates. They arrived in the UAE on the 13th of February for a two-day official conference. Their visit aimed to have a bilateral MOU to enhance the relationship between both of the countries.
In the UAE, they met Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi’s Crown and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces. There was also the presence of Mr. Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum- the Prime Minister, Vice President, and the UAE’s Minister of Defense in the meeting.
Moreover, the First Lady of Ukraine also had a conference in the UAE regarding cultural diplomacy growth. The people who attended the conference included:
- Noura bint Mohammed Al Kaabi- UAE Minister of Culture and Youth
- The delegates from Abu Dhabi’s cultural and historical sector
- Thee delegations from the Dubai Opera
Concluding above, the signing of this memorandum would support the tourism industry, the economy, and business activity. Moreover, it will encourage the growth of people-to-people relations and increase dual passenger traffic.